We wanted to let the community know about a new image database (with
associated landmark & semi-landmark data for the images) that we have
published. Briefly, this database contains both the raw digital images &
associated (semi)landmark  data for Drosophila wings across multiple
controlled genotypes and sexes. For each individual we have imaged both
left and right wings, and for each wing on two different microscopes and
two different magnifications. For all of this data we have also acquired
the full set of landmarks and semilandmarks using the "WINGMACHINE"
pipeline developed from the lab of David Houle.

In the associated paper (describing all of this) we have also done some
basic comparisons of machine learning (and simple) classification
approaches (on genotype and sex) for the landmark data. This was compared
to using computer vision + machine learning approaches (i.e.  biometric
approaches) that utilize very different features than we normally use in
geometric morphometric analysis.

The goal of the database was to be helpful to the community and we have
tried to provide everything (raw data, scripts, extensive meta-data on
provenance of samples). So we hope this will be of use to you.

The paper can be found here
http://www.gigasciencejournal.com/content/4/1/25

The database can be found here (including all images, data and scripts)
http://dx.doi.org/10.5524/100141

and links to just scripts and landmark data are also available on the lab
github page
https://github.com/DworkinLab/Wing_Biometrics_2015

--
Ian Dworkin