On 25.5.2015 5:52, lv xiao wrote:
Dear all,

I am using morphoJ to do geometric morphometric analysis.

I imported the TPS file with three specimens into MorphoJ.*Without doing any further analysis, I exported the raw coordinates from MorphoJ.* To my surprise, I found that *the exported coordinates differ from the imported one, except for the first specimen.*
*
*
May I know why does this happen? Will this affect subsequent analyses?

Your kind reply is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Patrick
Hi Patric,
MorphoJ provided you with appropriate output.
Note that you have set a SCALE argument in the tps file for last two specimens (line 85 and 128), but not for the first one. Therefore, coordinates for the last two specimens were rescaled. That is each coordinate were multiplied by respective value of SCALE argument (e.g. raw x1 for second specimen is 1144.00000; x1 from MorphoJ will be 1144.00000*0.146663 = 167.782472). Maybe you forgot to set the SCALE value for the first specimen during digitization procedure.

Hope this helps,
Marko

--
Marko Djurakic,