Jo,

There were two issues with the file.  First, you had single curly quotes in
front of the specimen names. These should be simple ascii character quotes
instead.

Second, you had missing data in one of the specimens. For downstream analyses
in geomorph that is fine, but at present the read.morphologika function does
not handle these.  The immediate solution is to replace these with -9999, then
read the file, and then replace them back to ‘NA’ within R.  You can then
estimate the missing landmark locations using the ‘estimate.missing’ function
in geomorph, and continue with your other analyses.

Note that in the next version of geomorph we will add the ability to read
missing data directly from morphologika files, as is possible when reading TPS
files. Thank you for bringing this oversight to our attention!

Best,

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams
Professor
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
       Department of Statistics
Iowa State University
www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/<http://www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/>