When it installs select custom and make sure it is installing in a proper
location.

I have never used tpsDig1 BUT if it is still installed on the computer they
may be using similar/same directory folders and mixing up files. Try
uninstalling tpsDig1 and tpsDig2, check to make sure the program files
location is gone as well. Then reinstall tpsDig2.

What errors if any appear when loading a tps file? can you load the example
wings file the come with tpsDig2?

-Carl