Dear colleagues,

We would like to inform the GM community about a a symposium we're
organizing that will occur next Saturday (Oct. 17) at the Society of
Vertebrate Paleontology meeting in Dallas, TX. The symposium is entitled
"The Shape of Things to Come: Geometric Morphometrics in Vertebrate
Paleontology" and it will feature a diverse range of topics and methods to
showcase the potential of GM to the paleontology community, with special
focus on paleontological applications (e.g., retrodeformation, missing
data, ancestral state reconstructions).

We encourage you to check the abstract book (
http://vertpaleo.org/PDFS/a9/a987ca97-54e1-408a-b65d-b0d3e1507868.pdf) for
topics covered during the symposium (pp. 63–64) and a dedicated poster
session (p. 69). Also, we will be live-tweeting during the symposium using
hashtags *#2015SVP* and *#SVPGMM* if you're interested in following the
session.

All the best,
Aki Watanabe, Emma Sherratt, Marc Jones

--