Morphometricians,

Id like to gather some opinions on measuring phylogenetic signal from GM
data.

For many GM analyses, size-free shape data (e.g., residuals from a
regression) are used in analyses of variation/covariation. However, I less
often see size and shape analyzed independently when measuring phylogenetic
signal. If most of the shape variation is allometric, it would seem that
the phylogenetic signal for uncorrected shape variables may approach the
strength of the phylogenetic signal for size alone. However, I have not
found this to be the case with several datasets.

Has anyone examined this in detail?

Thanks-

-Bryan