Ariadne Schulz <ariadne.sch...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hello All,

I have another rather silly question that I'm hoping either has a very
simple answer or will set off another wave of debate. I'm still on about my
3D semilandmarks and now I want to plot them in form space in R. I have my
original landmarks and my GPA coordinates and centroid size from gpagen
with a sliding function, and so forth so the new version of plotAllometry
should work, but I really want to plot in form space. It seems to me I'm
just missing something really easy. Is there a way to do this?

Dear Ari,
if you are referring to plots of principal components/relative warps in "size-shape space", as defined by Mitteroecker et al 2004 (Journal of Human Evolution), it is basically a PCA on Procrustes coordinates + log centroid size. Reading of the original paper is also useful to understand the idea and its application.

I don't know if this approach is implemented "out of the box" in some R package but, given its simplicity, it's easily obtained referring to the original publication by using even basic R function or other general-purpose statistical software.

You can see an example of these plots in one of my own papers (Fruciano et al 2012 - Environmental Biology of Fishes) and, really, in many others, where it is used to produce exploratory plots.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Carmelo

--
Carmelo Fruciano
Postdoctoral Fellow - Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane, Australia