On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:06:01 PM UTC-4, Jade Racine wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I digitized 108 craniofacial landmarks on human skulls
> from an archaeological context using a MicroScribe G2X. I have a lot of random
> missing values due to postmortem damage. I am currently trying to analyze my
> data using MorphoJ. I followed the instructions from the user’s guide,
> entering
> "-9999" in the data files for missing values. I then combined the dorsal
> and ventral views using FileConverter. The files I get can be read in MorphoJ.
> However, nothing else works. I can’t visualize the landmarks or perform any
> kind of analysis. If I try to find outliers, I get the message "Finding
> outliers is not possible because only a single observation or none at all is
> available". I get this message regardless of whether I upload one file
> with all individuals in it or multiple files with one individual each. The
> problem seems to be with the "-9999" code because if I remove the
> missing landmarks from my data files, MorphoJ runs correctly. I tried to
> substitute
> "-9999" for "9999" or "-999". MorphoJ runs fine
> with those but generates odd results that do not look like the shape of a
> skull. I really want to be able to analyze my dataset with missing values,
> otherwise I lose too much landmarks and I can’t afford to remove individuals
> since my sample is already small. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or
> how
> I can fix the problem? I attached an example of my data files.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Jade Racine
>

> Master’s student
>

> Department of Anthropology
>

> University of Montreal, Canada

Hi Jade,

I am also a masters student attempting to use MorphoJ and am having a difficult
time with the missing data. I collected 3D landmarks for a cranial asymmetry
project and cannot get MorphoJ to run. It keeps giving me an error message. Did
you happen to figure out what the issue was? I would truly appreciate any
advice you might be able to share.

Thank you,

Rosa Perez
Masters Student