Well, that took longer than I'd hoped... Our multivariate mixed model
approach to 3DGM is now available in early view. Using a global human
sample, we treat population history and structure as a random effect in
order to quantify the (fixed) effect of the transition to agriculture on
skull shape and form.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2017/07/18/1702586114.full

I hope you find it interesting.

David