Dear Sergey

The covariance matrices are characterizing the *variation* in your sample.

The one for the symmetric component of variation is about the variation in the averages of the original landmark configurations and their reflected and relabelled copies. This is what we normally think of as the variation in the "shape" of things if we are not specifically interested in asymmetry, e.g. in applications in taxonomy, ecology and many evolutionary questions.

The covariance matrix for the asymmetry component is about the variation of asymmetry among specimens -- this is fluctuating asymmetry.

Directional asymmetry is the *mean* asymmetry -- so this is not in either covariance matrix.

For a recent overview of all this stuff, with many references to other literature, see this paper:
http://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/7/2/843

Best wishes,
Chris