<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CdU0lVPiluM/Wh2RAwIEi5I/AAAAAAAAABw/-ezW3cSP2l8oSdNgzN3dUBta-AT4JfS9wCLcBGAs/s1600/Exploratory%2Bmultivariate%2Banalysis%2Band%2Bvisualization%2Bof%2Bgenomic%2Bdata.jpg>

Dear all,

we think that our new course on "Exploratory multivariate analysis and
visualization of genomic data
<https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course29/>" may be of
your interest.

Place: Berlin

Dates: 19-23 March 2018

*Instructors*:

Dr. Sebastien Le (Agrocampus Ouest, FR)

Dr. Aubry Marc (University of Rennes1, FR)

*Overview*

This course is divided into two parts.

First, a detailed overview of the classical exploratory methods conceived
for multivariate data: Principal Components Analysis, Correspondence
Analysis, and Multiple Correspondence Analysis. From a unified theoretical
framework, we will see how these methods are linked, as well as their
specificities in terms of interpretation, due to the nature of the data
they are dealing with. From a practical point of view, we will see how they
can be applied to genomic data, and how they can be used to obtain
meaningful information. We will see notably, how we can add supplementary
information to get a better understanding of the data.

Second, an overview of methods that handle multivariate data, when
variables are structured according to groups: generalised canonical
analysis, and Multiple Factor Analysis. These methods are really useful
when different points of view on the same set of individuals have to be
compared. It is the case for instance, when one has at his disposal gene
expressions on the one hand, and chemical measures on the other hand.

The methods will be presented from a geometrical point of view. The
concepts of quality of representation, active versus illustrative
variables, automatic description of the dimensions provided by the analyses
will be discussed.

*Format*

Each day will include an introductory lecture with class discussion of key
concepts. The remainder of each day will consist of practical hands-on
sessions. These sessions will involve a combination of both mirroring
exercises with the instructor to demonstrate a skill as well as applying
these skills on your own to complete individual exercises. After and during
each exercise, interpretation of results will be discussed as a group.
Computing will be done using a combination of tools installed on the
attendees laptop computer and web resources accessed via web browser.
Who should attend

Researchers who would like to investigate multivariate and heterogenous
data from an exploratory point of view. Researchers who would like to
invest in methods capable of handling multi-block data, in the sense that
data are structured into groups of variables.
WHERE

Botanisches Museum, Königin-Luise-Straße 6-8, Berlin

For the detailed program, please visit our website
<https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course29/>

Here <https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/>is the full list
of our courses and Workshops