Hello,

I am examining relationship between morphometric data and climate variables
with PLS analysis for 2 *Alnus* species (every species with 2 populations).
I found significant correlation between these two blocks, and PLS1
explained 99.8% of covariation. On the plot of PLS1 and PLS2 for block 1,
shape differences correspond to differences between species. But, I am also
interested in shape differences in relation to climate between populations
within species. I ran new PLS for every species separatly and also found
significant correlations. In terms of interpretation, is it relevant to
perform PLS for only two populations (when only PLS1 is calculated)?

Best regards,

Milena