Yeah you!  You have the perfect resources in hand to get you going.  I love the
chapter where it gives you the outline for the 1st six weeks of school!  Good
luck!  You are going to love the results you observe.  When you have time also
check out Debbie Miller's Reading with Meaning.  Also, ask your district if
they have the Happy Reading video's that go with that book.  It is amazing to
see what Debbie does with her 1st graders!
  Happy Reading;)
  Kelli Thexton

Cindy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I'm enjoying the discussion of guided reading. I spent the summer reading
F&P's Guiding Readers and Writers Grades 3-6. I'm sure it isn't perfect, but I
plan to use it this year in my reading workshop. I am still figuring out how it
all works. Nobody in my school uses ANY of the strategies that I hear discussed
here, so I am excited to get input on them.
Cindy/VA/2nd