-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Roberts
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:27 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Listserv
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Question for the group

I hope we all agree that extrinsic rewards are just as important as
intrinsic....it just depends on where the emphasis lies.  If you are
teaching ONLY for your paycheck, get out of the business.  We teach because
of the joy TEACHING brings, not the money.  IF money was the main incentive,
we would eventually hate teaching....same with the kids and their reading.
Bill
P.S. (he says sarcastically) We also teach for the 3 months we get off for
summer vacation, right?