-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jennifer Halter
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:49 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Lexiles

As a Librarian, I too am very interested in this topic and value any
input.

Thank you,

Jennifer

>>> "underdown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/23/06 9:11 AM >>>
I have a question about lexiles and libraries.  We are considering
leveling
the books in our library.  Has anyone out there done that?  If so, is
each
book leveled or are the books in leveled sections?  What do you guys
think
about this idea?  Part of me thinks kids will feel limited by their
lexile
level, but I feel that if our teachers do a good job of explaining what
lexile level is to kids, they will be more informed when they choose
books...what do you think?  Just looking for some feedback on a new idea
in my
district.

barb