I am forwarding this from Gary:
+++++++++++++++
Please advise.  I am working with my teachers at grades K - 6 in adopting
many of the principles of a Balanced Literacy program.  We are following a
lot of the work done by Fountas and Pinnell.  A question and concern among
many of the teachers is grading.  Now that report cards have to be issued
over the next week, teachers are questioning how we grade students in a B.L.
classroom.  Any guidance you can provide me is appreciated!  My direct
e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank you.

Gary West, Gouverneur Central School