Does anyone have any book suggestions for the Revolutionary War?  I am
interested in novels and read a louds.
Suzanne/VA

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:08 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension StrategiesListserv
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Determining Importance

Joy,

ABE has seven copies of this book.

<http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=Dorothy+Hoobler&y=9&;
tn=The+Trail+on+Which+They
+Wept&x=93&sortby=2>

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:53 , Joy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>Eve,
>
>  We are reading The Trail of Tears by Joseph Bruchac. It is a "Step into
Reading" book, level 5. It is not as challenging as I
would like, but it is a good way to introduce Textmapping so they can focus
on the process.

>  The story I wanted to use is: The Trail on Which They Wept: The Story of
a Cherokee Girl by Dorothy Hoobler. It is a chapter
book about a young girl and her family's experiences when forced to leave
their home in Georgia. I used it when I was student
teaching. Unfortunately, it is out of print. If I can locate enough for a
Lit. Circle, I will use it to revisit this topic.

>                Joy/NC/4
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and
content go hand in hand. http://
www.responsiveclassroom.org

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/
mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.