I have used a book of riddles which lends itself
wonderfully to inferring.  It is: When Riddles Come
Rumbling: Poems to Ponder by Rebecca Kai Dotlich and
Karen Dugan.  The poems have a border around them
which I take away so that the students use just the
words and context to infer.  I use this as a way to
model how I "leave my tracks of thinking " as Chryse
Hutchins presented in a comprehension training I went
to last year (also author of 7 Keys to Comprehension).

Kim in MI