I agree about the 60 second book talk, that is what I do in my class. We follow
each one with them selecting 3 classmates to either ask a question or give a
comment. We are working on elaborating in our answers and especially in their
comments. Every one seems to want to tell the person doing the book talk that
they did a "good job" without giving them specific information about why their
talk was so good. I'm having a good time egging them on to tell which details
they liked, etc. Being specific is my mantra!

  The kids really look forward to book talk, and after the first week or so of
shyness, they beg, plead, bargain to be the one who goes today! We've had to
write up a schedule to be fair, and will sneak in book talks in those little
moments when we finish something early.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org