From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension
StrategiesListserv<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] strategies for little
ones-visualization/retelling/summarizing...
Date: Thu,  8 Feb 2007 06:59:34 -0700 (MST)

I am convinced more and more that one of the most important things we can do
is to share our reading lives with children,
being sincere in sharing how strategy work helps us out when we are
encounter difficulties with text. As adults, how can we
sincerely model that using only childrne's literature?  Also, I think we
need to think long and hard about how we extend this
language naturally into other parts of day--into all parts of our day.
These thinking strategies can be applied accross the
curriculum and until they do, they are just something we do for a teacher
during 'reading time'.

Lori