Hi,
  I am new to the listserve and wonder if anyone has suggestions for teaching
comprehension strategies to children with NLD (Nonverbal Learning Disability)?
I have a student with NLD who has a very hard time visualizing and will often
stop me and ask me to show him what a character's face looked like in a story
(chapter book).  Any suggestions as to how to get this child to be able to read
and visualize facial expressions on his own?
  Thanks,
  'Bec

Joy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Olga,
I really like this part of what you did with your students!

Olga Reynolds wrote:
I read the next part, then they went back to their seats to draw their
visualizations, at this point several of the kids were puzzled and said they
didn't understand sufficiently to draw a picture--I took the opportunity to
explain
that sometimes when we read a story and don't understand something we go back
and read it again---which I did and they were then able to draw
their visualization.

Joy/NC/4
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org