My first graders have become very interested in songs
that have been written into book form----There were
ten in the bed, You are my sunshine, This old Man,
Skip to my lou, are a few of the titles that come to
mind.  They also love to read alot of the poetry that
we have studied so far---much of it set to music.
Music has been a great attraction to reading for my
little ones.
One of the things I am in the process of doing is
getting the sheet music for the patriotic songs we are
supposed to expose  first graders to and put them in
the listening center for them to follow along as they
listen to the music.
Hope this helps.
olga