Some of you know of my work with scrolls for teaching reading comprehension.
>From an historical perspective, the book is a much newer technology than the
scroll -- neither better nor worse, just different.  I have often wondered
what it must have been like for people 2000 years ago -- for those rare
birds who were literate and had used scrolls for all of their lives -- to
encounter this zippy new technology called "the book".  And finally, someone
with a better imagination and a pretty good sense of humor has imagined this
for me.  I thought it was a hoot and thought you might, too.  It's a video
on youTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRjVeRbhtRU

Smile!

Dave Middlebrook
The Textmapping Project
A resource for teachers improving reading comprehension skills instruction.
www.textmapping.org   |   Please share this site with your colleagues!
USA: (609) 771-1781
[EMAIL PROTECTED]