It's like they take sadistic pleasure in ruining it for others!

  I have to tell you a funny story about ruining stories for others. The third
grade teacher told me this, and the mom of the student in question confirmed
the story! (Now, you can't tell this in class, although it came about during a
classroom discussion!)

  After talking about ruining stories for others, a third grade student who I
had last year piped up and said, "In my family we call that being a Dick!" None
of the kids got it, but the teacher and assistant just about wet their pants!

  Well, to make a long story short, he had an uncle named Dick who would always
ruin the end of movies they would watch together, and "Don't be a Dick" was a
family admonishment they applied to movies, books, tv shows, etc!

  The third grade teachers and our director held their breath for about a week
waiting for the repurcussions to filter down (our community is very
conservative, and every little thing gets taken out of context). Noone ever
said anything, and it blew over. Funny story, though!

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org