Kate,
We had the same experience happen here. We did our training in November to
prepare teachers for using the DRA2 in January. We mentioned that fluency
would be tested - that was the area that brought many students down. We did
have several students drop levels. Our DRA levels are reported on our report
card as well, so we sent a generic letter home explaining that the new
assessment.
The positive outcome was teachers began teaching more non-fiction to prepare
children for the level 16 f & nf and did more fluency work in their rooms.
Kelly AB/CT

I have a question for you. Have any of you seen a