You said:
I'm really having difficulty with how to assign grades in reading workshop.
Can someone help me with that?  I want to switch completely over to reading
workshop this year and toss my basal.  Also, I'm personally struggling with
giving E's to students who are reading two grade levels below where they
should be reading.  At the same time, you hate to fail them, but an "E"
gives an unreasonable picture of the child as a reader.  How do you handle
this?
Cindy/VA/2nd

Cindy,

Email me directly, and I will tell you how I did this in 2nd grade.
gaylaintexas/kinder

[EMAIL PROTECTED]