HI-

I would refer you to the following professional resources:
On Solid Ground - Sharon Taberski
Comprehension - Gretchen Owocki
Wondrous Word - Katie Wood Ray
Growing Readers - Kathy Collins
Guided Reading, Word Matters, Interactive Writing, Matching Books to Readers,
K-8 TEaching for Comprehension and Fluency - All from Fountas and Pinnell
Literacy Centers - Lesley Mandell (?)
Literacy Links - Laura Robb
New Standards- Reading and Writing Day By Day
Beyond the Morning Message

These will give a solid foundation for effective literacy instruction in
Kindergarten.

Shelley Levy