Dolly, I have to say that we have been very fortunate in our school  library.
New Mexico voters voted for funding for libraries in the state that  included
school libraries. Plus our local district has given us chunks of money.  We
have a really great librarian who asks for teacher input as to what books we
want in our library. Our school does use the AR program, so of course she
orders  the AR quizzes as well (from a different fund), but we now have a huge
selection  of fiction as well as nonfiction material for our students. It
always
amazes me  that most of my students would rather pick a nonfiction book than a
story. We've  also been given money in the past by our parent group, but not
much in recent  years (new group of leaders).