I'm wondering if this program speaks specifically to Kinder, or would I have
to adapt it?

I believe this could work at all levels.  You might not use all 5 parts, but
I believe it applies to all grades.  It really comes down to kids managing
themselves during independent reading and writing.  The teacher is free to
conference.  You build on an anchor chart, just as you do with many
strategies. I think the earlier you start, the better it will be.  These
sisters even do it with older kids. Hope this helps.

Linda