Hello all!
I am new to the listserv and newish to teaching - I'll be starting my
second year this year! I love teaching reading and writing, but I feel
my instruction could be so much better. I have read Mosaic, STW,
Atwell, Calkins, et al., and have the framework down, and now it's
time to fill in the details.

Specifically, I am looking for wonderful picture books that can serve
double duty in many, many minilessons (reading AND writing, probably).
I have read all the recommendations in the various books, but I am
overwhelmed by the number. I would like to buy those dozen books that
we'll return to again and again. Do you have any recommendations??
Thanks in advance for your help!

~Maggie
5th GT, Irving, TX

--
Maggie Dillier

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect
wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to
long for the endless immensity of the sea." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)