Hi all,
I am thinking about how to best prepare my kids for the state reading test
this year. I don't want to do a very traditional, "here are the 12 types of
questions and I'll cram passages down your throat for 12 weeks" approach -
I'd like to make it as authentic and workshop-esque as possible.

Does any recommend *A Teacher's Guide to Standardized Reading Tests *:
*Knowledge
is
Power*<http://www.amazon.com/Teachers-Guide-Standardized-Reading-Tests/dp/032500000X/ref=sr_1_1/102-8169924-2470553?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185051526&sr=8-1>by
Lucy Calkins et al.? A review says it is strategies-based, but there
isn't much more information about it. I did read *Test Talk: Integrating
Test Preparation into the Reading Workshop *on the Stenhouse website, but it
was too general for my taste. I'd like to figure out, very
specifically, when and how to integrate these lessons. Anyone have ideas or
know the Calkins book?

Thank you!

~Maggie

5th/TX

--
Maggie Dillier

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and
don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the
endless immensity of the sea." (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)