I agree with everyone on the value of Choice Literacy.  I just signed up for
the FREE stuff last year and loved THAT (email newsletter, articles, and
links).  I'll be getting the subscription this year.

As far as the video "Classroom Beautiful" goes, I have seen it and loved it!
I found it to be much like the home makeover type shows on TLC/HGTV, but
geared at classrooms.  Depending on your fire codes (ours are getting
stricter ALL of the time) you may not be able to implement all of their
suggestions.  I had a talk with my principal before purchasing the four
lamps (at the dollar store and Goodwill) for my room this year--all plug
directly into a regular outlet and I don't have any cords sticking out where
they could be tripped over.  I also have already covered all of my bulletin
boards in a green (sagey kind of green) with black borders, leaving them
empty and ready for our learning this fall. Love it! They just give you
ideas on how to make your classroom more "home-like" and organized. If you
haven't already, go to their site and watch the little preview.

Hope you get a chance to see it. Our AEA has it available for checkout.

Oh, by the way, THANKS everyone for the website suggestions. I keep adding
them to my links page and the list is getting quite extensive!  My latest is
Marsha Carlevaro's page where she listed our beginning of the year book
suggestions.  She has a LOT of resources available on her thinking
strategies and reading pages.  Thanks for sharing, Marsha!

-Michelle TG/IA
http://www.mrstg.com