I, too, provide the Guiding Readers from Fountas & Pinnell to new teachers
at training. We purchased a book for each teacher in grades 2-6, so I'm
not violating copyright laws.
We review the idea of establishing community, establishing routines, and
getting to know the strengths and weaknesses of their class.
I think it's great for new teachers because it provides some concrete
plans that will allow them to establish reading workshop.
Carol

I do know teachers that follow the > I have used neither, but am familiar
with only the Guided Readers and