Jennifer,
  My experience with students who have identified learning differences is that
they learn the strategies more readily than students who do not struggle. I
think it is because they have developed good listening skills to cope with
their lack of decoding skills. They "get" the read/think alouds more quickly,
and can apply them with ease with text they hear.

  We can't read reading tests aloud to our students in NC., so until their
decoding improves they don't do well at all on standardized reading tests. Once
they become more competent with decoding, they soar.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org