As I listen to the responses about parents and the first day of school - I am
amazed.  I have been a K/1 teacher for 9 years at the same school.  The last
thing I need is parents anywhere around the kids.  Our school does a boo - hoo
breakfast (anyone is welcome but they are usually K parents).  The kids say
goodbye to the parents in the cafeteria and then we take our  class to our
room.  Parents at our school are not allowed to visit in the classrooms until
they have gone through out volunteer orientation each year which is a couple
weeks into the school year.  To be honest with you, I love that the parents
can't come immediately.  It helps the crying little ones immensely and that way
I can establish the rituals and routines in my classroom before I have them in
to volunteer.

Debbie Harbour

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your
e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send
electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in
writing.