We used Time for Kids but stopped because we couldn't keep up with it
each week with everything else we have to do.  It is good, especially
for fifth grade.

I try to keep lots of magazines in my room especially for those kids
who are nonfiction readers.  It has made a WORLD of difference to
some students who can't concentrate on a long novel or who don't care
for fiction reading.  My kids, (fourth grade) LOVE Kids Discover,
Ask, Muse.  Recently for this year, I subscribed to Stone Soup which
is written by kids.  I'm hoping it will give my students examples of
student writing to learn from.   They still love Zoobooks.  I always
ask for donations of kids related magazines, and give them examples.
(NOT those "teen" magazines!)   Many parents have old ones laying
around that they are happy to get rid of.  If you can't use them for
your classroom library, you can cut them up, throw them out,
whatever. You never know when a parent may be willing to subscribe to
something for the year in your classroom.

Joel / OH / 4th