Detroit public schools announced that they will no longer fund AR purchases
or programming as their in house research shows that AR has had no impact on
reading scores.  This from a long time Detroit teacher thrilled to finally
put AR in the can.

Lori

On 9/3/07 3:47 AM, "Joy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am, and will remain, a staunch opponent of AR. If I moved to another school
> and they adopted AR, I would be looking for another teaching position.
>

>                 Joy/NC/4
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content
> go hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org

Lori Jackson
District Literacy Coach & Mentor
Todd County School District