I already have the third grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade kits for
nonfiction and fiction kits.  THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cynthia Crenshaw
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 5:42 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] authentic texts for struggling readers/anyone for
comprehension strategy instruction

Hello,

They will allow you to purchase the fiction or the nonfiction kit for
$279.00 The kit also comes with large cards, there are 12 of the same
title for each strategy, three different levels for independent
application and a CD that has the transparencies and cards on them.
There is a blackline master in the TE for writing, also.  What I really
like about the nonfiction kit is when they address a strategy they also
address a text structure. For instance, they may address problem and
solution when addressing visualizing. The text structure varies from kit
to kit. The teachers at my school that have used it found it to be very
teacher friendly and they enjoy using it.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/5/2007 3:45 PM >>>
Well!!  Talk about manna from heaven--or at least from a savvy
publisher!  Ask and ye shall receive (if you have the $$s).  I just
looked at a lot of material from Sundance/Newbridge, who have developed
what looks like an amazing "comprehension strategy kit" with fiction and
nonfiction texts.  Wow!  The text is available on blackline masters, but
the kit also provides transparencies of the text, so they can be written
on, etc.  The possibilities just swim around you as you look at what's
there.  The bad news is that it's pricey - $545 per kit.  But, if
nothing else, looking at a kit will give you many ideas that you can
build and expand upon.  I love the Harvey and Gouvis stuff, but this was
probably even easier for S/N to pull off because they own the copyrights
to the materials already!  Sundance/Newbridge books are already the
foundation of our leveled library, so our kids are familiar with these
texts, and I can see endless possibilities.  All I want for
Christmas...

believed to be clean.