Since my 8th graders are heading to the high school next year, we've done some
thinking about transitions and how it feels to move to a "new stage" in their
lives.  I am planning a project for students to write and create a production
about their lives so far as they prepare to move on.  I am looking for some
picture books that might help them write about this.  I have just started using
picture books as models, so my knowledge about good titles is limited!  Any
suggestions you might have for themes of change, growing up, etc. or memoirs
would be greatly appreciated!

Jaime Mendelis
English 8
Owego, NY