I did the same thing, "EXCEPT" I changed the child in the hallway and had
the kid re-enter due to peekers. LOL

Thanks for the brilliant memory spark! deb

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 6:11 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] visualizing using Carl books

Hey Jennifer,
Have a child stand at the front of the room.  While the rest of the  class
has their eyes closed, change something about the child.  (put on a  hat,
remove
a sweater, turn around backwards).  Then have  the others open their eyes
and
tell what is different.  They  didn't actually SEE what happened, but they
know what the child looked like  before and looked like after, so they can
tell
what happened between.  Have  them visualize what that looked like (child
putting on hat, etc.).    That is what they are doing in the book..thinking
about
the "between", what  happened that they couldn't "see".  Jane in SC  :-)

In a message dated 1/6/2008 8:08:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,