This is our second year with Making Meaning K-6 and our first year with
it in grades 7-8.  Our teachers have overwhelmingly LOVED the program.
I am a district administrator and as a rule I do not favor canned
programs - I would prefer that our teachers learn things from the ground
up and not rely on a script.  However, with Making Meaning I think many
of our teachers have learned the importance of such things as getting
their students actively engaged in literacy by having them turn and talk
often.  We have a large number of new teachers this year and this
program has introduced them to what is important in our district in
terms of literacy in a quick and meaningful way.  We still run new
teacher study groups on Mosaic of Thought so that they have the "why"
behind the "what" - but Making Meaning has helped them connect that why
to the what!  We love it - I would highly recommend it!!

Carrie

K-8 - Illinois