Hi Tami!
Smartboards are a great way to get students engaged with their
learning and provides them with an interactive and somewhat hands-on
approach. They can be used in small group or as a whole class, and
pretty much as long as you can think of something it can be done on a
smartboard. It is touch-sensitive and you can access everything you
need from the board itself, rather than having to run back and forth
to the computer. It has virtual markers and erasers, a recorder so you
can capture on-screen actions, for example, write out and solve a math
problem, then play it back to give students step by step instruction,
and it also has handwriting recognition which allows you to turn it
into text which can be printed, saved, e-mailed, etc. (You can save
anything and everything that you do on a smartboard to your computer)
One great website that has some pre-made smartboard lessons for many
different subjects and grade levels is:
http://technology.usd259.org/resources/whiteboards/smartlessons.htm

Here are some other sites to learn more about it:
www.smarttech.com
http://www.smarttech.com/services/training/10minute.asp

I will keep looking for websites? hope this helped!
Brie

Message: 15