From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 9:18 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] rti conversation

Our district is implementing the tiering for rti as well as  thinking
about who needs more intensive instruction, but so far we have not had
any mandated progress monitoring methods. We check back after an IST-
Instructional support team- meeting, usually about 6-8 weeks, and see if
the  issues with the child have been resolved. Our problem with DIBELS
is that it  really doesn't seem to address comprehension issues for
older kids. If the  student can retell what they've read and use the
words from the story they get  credit. Yet, isn't that just assessing
working memory, not comprehension? They  only get 1 minute to talk about
the story. So, we really don't have a good  progress assessment that can
be used weekly or biweekly like we should for tier  3 kids. Does anyone
else have these issues?
Michelle- NY AIS 2-5 reading

Awards. Go to AOL Music.