>From Bev:
In regard to Test Talk.  Are any of you in school districts where you are
forced to give NWEA MAP levels tests?  I'm not sure they can be prepared for
(which is a major shortcoming!), and I would LOVE to know how people do prepare
their children for Levels tests.  Thanks for any info.

I, too, would be interested in the MAP testing.  Our district will be using it
beginning next fall.  As the Elementary Language Arts facilitator for the
district, I am in the process of deciding which of our tests will be replaced
by the MAP test.  So far we are looking at getting rid of GATES MCGINITE and
some of our district made tests.  I'm hoping the principals will be willing to
abandon DIBELS or at least limit its use.

>From what little I know about MAP, I would say the best way to prepare for
>such a test that shows growth is by effective teaching.  During our
>consideration of MAP, we heard very little negative comments.

Thank you,
Barb