________________________________

From: Kuenzl-Stenerson Kay
Sent: Fri 4/11/2008 11:45 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org; mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: RE: Mosaic Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11

Thank you, thank you for mentioning "Less is More".  I had forgotten that I had
bought it in February at the our state convention.  I found it on the shelf and
began reading it right away.  I am through chapter 2 and already have some
great ideas for my weekly learning thoughts for my staff that will reinforce
district initiatives as well as some great strategies for my literacy teachers.
 This book has more than just supporting the use of short text.  The
description of her modeling, differentiating, and how to determine how to
assess her students has wonderful transfer value.  And as far as using sticky
notes...there are already many sticking out of the pages of this book and I am
just on chapter 2!  If you are working in middle school I would say this is a
must read!

Kay Kuenzl-Stenerson
 Literacy Coach
 Merrill Middle School