Thanks so much Alison another good lead with the PM readers.  Thank you
so much.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of alison walters
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:17 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Leveled books

I am just picking up this thread, so I apologize if this has already
been suggested.  Lucy Calkins (along with Teachers College) publishes a
series of books called: A Field Guide to Classroom Libraries.  It
contains lists of titles that are appropriate for different grade levels
(K, K-1, 1-2, etc.) Many of the titles featured are "real" books, which
you suggested that your principal was looking for.  However, the levels
given in the book are TC levels (Teachers College), but I'm sure it's
easy to find a conversion.

Also, has your principal seen the PM Readers collections by Rigby?  She
may change her mind when she sees these.  the books are written as
stories, with recurring characters.  The print is just right, and my
kids (grade 1) LOVE them. They are FABULOUS!!  Seriously, check them
out.  She may fall in love, too!  they were written because of the
outcry from teachers about the lack of "real" books for guided reading!!

Hope this helps.
Alison