I don't believe that we as teachers or facilitators of learning can
successfully present any content material to students at any level unless we
ourselves have an understanding of what comprehension is and is not. That true
understanding only is possibly when we as teachers provide our students with
the
tools, skills, strategies and motivation to arrive at the point where we and
they can add new understanding to our and their schema so we and they can build

upon previous skills across the curriculum and I firmly believe this process
happens not because of any canned pacing guide, GLE's curriculum maps or
fancy  packaged programs. It happens because teachers care enough about their
students  to equip themselves in an ongoing process with the tools they need to
meet the  daily challenges called learning.

June
6th Grade Resource  KY

favorites at AOL Food.