We've noticed that there is a ton of interventions available for reading but
not many for math.
How your district is deciding which kids need interventions sounds a lot
like how my district decides for reading.  Yes, it is very possible for
several students in your class to have individual plans.  I had individual
reading plans for 13 of my 19 kids this past school year.  It can get
overwhelming, but I've learned to keep up with the documentation.  Keep
records of all grades and be more specific with your gradebook.  Instead of
simply writing down the assignment page number write down the assignment
objective or something that will spark your memory when you sit down to
place grades on your plans.  My kids complete the SuccessMaker program
daily, so I keep detailed records of what they are doing and their scores
from the program.  If you have access to a computer program for reading or
math, check out the reports the program can give you because they help a
lot.
I'll admit that the whole process is time consuming especially for us
regular ed teachers that weren't use to writing and documenting individual
plans for so many kids, but it does get easier once you find an
organizational method that works for you.
As to finding more information about RTI, there are a lot of websites about
it.  One site is www.interventioncentral.com.