I teach at a Title I school and we do not get the level of extra support that I
am seeing people  presume happens.  For example, our reading coach was told she
could not work directly with students when in our classes, but was to observe
and make suggestions to the teachers.  this was not very helpful!  We had one
math coach for over 600 students.  He did his best but was spread very thin.
Just like teachers in non-Title I schools, I am expected to meet the needs of
all the children in my class (reading levels last year spanned 2d to 7th
grade), including students with emotional difficulties.  This year we will be
beginning full inclusion.  The teacher with a Special Education certification
will be in each classroom 1 hour a day.  Otherwise, the classroom teacher is on
his/her own.
I love this forum.  Mosaic of Thought changed my teaching.  I hope we can stay
focussed on how best to teach reading to all our children.