-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of gina nunley
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:43 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] How do you know?

Melissa,  My heart goes out to you because I just made the 6th leap of faith
decision in my life, and let me tell you it doesn't get any easier to make
that decision, especially if you're happy where you are.

But I realize now that the fact that I was called to look somewhere else was
a sign that this might be a good thing for me.  And despite the fact that 4
out of those 6 times I was certain that I at that moment worked with the
BEST people I had ever known, and the best school or principal and how could
I leave them, in fact each new move actually brought me more "bests."  I
found something new to appreciate and I always grew into a better me and
teacher.

I did make a big mistake during one move, and it took me several years to
recover.  I would not let go of the past and embrace the current situation.
I got stuck and wasted a lot of my time, and undervalued a lot of good
people.

So you have made the decision and I bet in a year you'll be able to tell us
exactly why it was a good one.  Don't look back....insist on embracing all
of the new, fear or not, decide to look for what you'll love.

My friend plays the "What if?" game...and it pivots you to a hopeful place.

What if

this turned out to be your all time favorite job?
you ended up teaching with the best partner you've had?
you found an opportunity for yourself that you wouldn't have had?
you love it just as much as your old school, and now you have those friends
and the new.
this is exactly what you're supposed to be doing.

love, Gina